Digital agency Modea recently released a report about the massive audience now using Pinterest. You might find some of these statistics surprising (e.g., most Pinterest users shop at Kroger grocery stores), while others are more predictable (e.g., most Pinterest users are women). Either way, if you’re currently selling items online, this is one asset you’re going to want to keep up with and add to your social media marketing arsenal. And that starts with understanding who is using Pinterest.
Here’s a look at some of the more interesting figures from Modea’s collection:
• Top magazines: Good Housekeeping, Better Homes and Gardens, Family Circle.
• Top TV networks: Fox, CBS, NBC.
• Top vacation destinations: Disney World, Florida (not Orlando), Las Vegas.
• Top credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover.
• Political affiliations: Mostly independent, republicans beat democrats by 1%.
• Top job titles: Administrative assistant, sales, education.
• Extracurricular hobbies: Cooking, crafts, dining out.
In March 2011, the iPhone app was first launched and immediately pulled in more users than the developers expected, which helped the business continue its skyrocket toward becoming one of the web’s most popular social media sites. Interestingly, Apple isn’t even one of the leading mobile carriers for Pinterest users today. At the top of the list of carriers is Verizon, the preferred choice of more than 35% of Pinterest visitors. Other top contenders include AT&T and Sprint. In terms of phone models, Pinterest users are sporting Motorola, Samsung and LG. Furthermore, Pinterest users are more likely to go mobile than Internet users as a whole, and
Does it sound like Pinterest users might be a good fit for your products and services? This fad is growing fast with no end in sight, so now might be the perfect time for you to find out. Next week, we talk about ways you can optimize your website for Pinterest.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.