February 22 marked the gala night for the 2013 ADDY® Awards, presented by the Greater Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach Clubs of the American Advertising Federation (AAF). This year’s “Simply Irresistible Night” was hosted at Cinema Paradiso, comprising both an awards banquet and after-party.
This year, the appointed committee received more than 400 entries — a combination of submissions from Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach. One highlight of the occasion was when contributor iCreatives organized the AAF’s own Harlem Shake performance.
During the night’s proceeding’s, Mad 4 Marketing’s Vice President Elyse Taylor was presented with a prestigious Silver Medal Award.
According to AAF:
The American Advertising Federation’s Silver Medal Award Program was established in 1959 to recognize men and women who have made outstanding contributions to advertising and who have been active in furthering the industry’s standards, creative excellence and responsibility in areas of social concern.
The Silver Medal Award is based on five areas of consideration:
• Contributions to the recipient’s own company – success achieved in one of the following areas of work – advertising agency, advertiser, media, or advertising service company
• Creative ability – a consistent, high degree of creative, original thinking in whatever phase of advertising the nominee has worked
• Contributions to the general advancement of advertising – efforts to increase the stature and raise the standards of the advertising profession
• Contributions to the community – activity in civic, religious or other groups dedicated to some phase of human or social welfare
• Contributions to the American Advertising Federation of Fort Lauderdale
Recipients are named after a nomination process is completed.
Elyse’s award was presented by John Savor, a former ADDY chair, and Andrew Martineau, a past president of the Club who made a “special appearance” in order to be part of presentation.
Elyse was also acknowledged at the start of the award presentation in appreciation of her contributions to this year’s awards.